The BFGoodrich TA KO2 is a legendary tire in just about every sense of the word. This tire won the Baja race back in 1972 and has proven itself again and again over the years on and off the road.
If you're looking to grab a set of these BFGoodrich TA KO2, we've broken down everything you need to know about this awesome tire to help you determine whether or not it's right for you and your lifestyle.
BFGoodrich TA KO2 Overview
- BFGoodrich has been around since 1870 and has built a name for reliability and quality over the years
- The BFG TA KO2 is an all-terrain tire denoted by the "T/A" meaning it is designed to handle a variety of different environments and types of terrains
- The BFG TA KO2 is the first update of the original KO series since 1999
- This tire was designed to thrive in almost any environment that drivers stumble upon
- The TA KO2 is BFG's best selling all-terrain tire to date
BFGoodrich TA KO2 Specs:
Speed Index: S
Speed Rating Options: R , S , Q , T
Tread Depth: 15
Load Range: D
Weight: 55.29 lbs.
Tire Type: All Terrain
BFGoodrich TA KO2 Design
- Large, interlocking center tread blocks with deep siping for extra flex and traction in rocky environments and wet pavement
- Aggressive, serrated outer tread blocks/shoulder lugs and biting edges for extra grip on rocky terrains again as well as sand and mud
- Wide and deep tread voids providing even more grip and traction in the toughest terrains
- Split and bruise resistant sidewall rubber and all-terrain tread compound for a well-rounded and balanced truck/Jeep/SUV tire
- This all-season tire makes a great winter tire as well with its Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake rating. Perfect for drivers who experience winter weather and muddy areas (ice, snow, hail, mud etc.)
- The BFG KO2 also features BFG's locking 3-D sipes for extra winter traction
- Its rugged, tough design is backed by a 50,000 mile warranty
BFGoodrich TA KO2 Road Noise
- Unlike its all-terrain predecessors, the BFGoodrich all-terrain T A KO2 has a low, more tolerable road noise level that still allows for a comfortable commute on the highway
- Based on reviews of the TA KO2, drivers tend to mention the road noise is more noticeable than they'd prefer, but they recognize that it is a trade-off for a somewhat aggressive all-terrain that provides great overall performance on and off the road
BFGoodrich TA KO2 Mileage/Tread Life
- The BFGoodrich TA KO2 has a 50,000 mileage expectancy!
- Compared to the original K0 tire from BFG, the KO2T/A increase its treadwear expectancy by 15%
Get The BFGoodrich TA KO2 If...
- You want one of the best all-terrain tires on the market
- You commute to work, but still need a tire that can handle a few backroad trails and rocky terrains
- You need a durable tire that can take some daily abuse of driving and remote roads
- You live in an area that experiences winter weather (snow, ice, etc.) and prefers a tire with the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake rating
- You want a tire that has a pretty aggressive tread pattern/look to it without being too flashy